JUNIPER NETSCREEN FIREWALL APPLIANCE
Instructions for forwarding Juniper Netscreen Firewall Appliance logs to your Log Management device
Juniper Netscreen Firewall Appliance
- The IP Address for the Juniper Netscreen appliance
- Credentials to access the Juniper Netscreen appliance
- Secure Shell (SSH) access configured on the Juniper Netscreen appliance
Clone Systems Log Management Device
- The IP Address for the Clone Systems Log Management device
1. Open a command prompt and SSH into the Juniper Netscreen appliance using a tool like PuTTY.
2. Enter the credentials and log into the Netscreen appliance.
3. Set the IP Address for the syslog host.
4. Set the facilities setting which classifies and sends messages for events to the syslog host.
5. Set the default port 514 to which the Netscreen appliance sends syslog messages.
6. Send all event log entries to the syslog host.
7. Enable the syslog appliance.
8. Log off the Juniper Netscreen appliance by typing exit and then clicking Enter.