Clone Systems is seeking a talented Sr Software Engineer to support the implementation and advancement of our application stack. The right candidate will be a talented Ruby on Rails Developer who has a passion for programming, possesses a good understanding of agile practices, and desire to join a team of exceptional developers and engineers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver first-class solutions to our customers.
- Work in a fast paced collaborative and agile environment, to build and enhance custom Ruby internal and public-facing applications
- Write clean, maintainable, reusable, reliable, and efficient Ruby code; Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – architecture, design and development, user experience development, documentation, unit testing, delivery and maintenance
- Design, develop and maintain RESTful API web services
- Analyze software requirements and provide solutions. Perform analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions
- Minimum of 6 year work experience developing scalable high-performance web applications
- Direct experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks for rapidly developing web applications
- Experience with RESTful based API consumption and creation in Rails
- Strong database skills with MySQL, PostgreSQL, sqlite, etc.
- Experience using object-oriented methodologies and design patterns
- Knowledge of database design and data modeling
- 4 year college degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Experience in the following is highly desired
Big Data – Elasticsearch, Kibana, Hadoop
Team Development – GitHub, Atlassian JIRA