Instructions for forwarding Fortinet FortiGate logs to your Log Management device
PREREQUISITESFortiGate Next Generation (NGFW) Firewall UTM Appliance
- The IP Address for the FortiGate appliance
- Credentials to access the FortiGate appliance
- Secure Shell (SSH) access configured on the FortiGate appliance
- The IP Address for the Clone Systems Log Management device
1. Open a command prompt and SSH into the Fortinet FortiGate using a tool like PuTTY.
2. Configure the FortiGate unit to send logs to a remote computer running a syslog server.
3. Set the IP address of the Clone Systems Log Management device.
4. Set the source IP address for the Fortinet FortiGate.
Note: This is the source IP that will be displayed in the logs.
5. Enable logging to the Clone Systems Log Management device.
6. Save the changes you have made in the current table’s fields, and exit the edit command to the object prompt.
7. Save the changes to the current object and exit the config command. This returns you to the top-level command prompt.