Instructions for forwarding Fortinet FortiAnalyzer logs to your Log Management device
PREREQUISITESFortiAnalyzer Network Security Logging, Analysis, and Reporting Appliance
- The IP Address for the FortiAnalyzer appliance
- Credentials to access the FortiAnalyzer appliance
- Secure Shell (SSH) access configured on the FortiAnalyzer appliance
Clone Systems Log Management Device
- The IP Address for the Clone Systems Log Management device
1. Open a command prompt and SSH into the Fortinet FortiAnalyzer using a tool like PuTTY.
2. Configure the FortiAnalyzer unit to send logs to a remote computer running a syslog server.
3. Set the name of the Clone Systems Log Management device.
4. Set the IP address of the Clone Systems Log Management device.
5. Enter the port number for the syslog messages.
6. Save the changes you have made in the current table’s fields, and exit the edit command to the object prompt.
7. Save the changes to the current object and exit the config command. This returns you to the top-level command prompt.