CISCO INTERNETWORK OPERATING SYSTEM (IOS) SWITCHES AND ROUTERS
Instructions for forwarding Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS) Switch and Router logs to your Log Management device
PREREQUISITESInternetwork Operating System (IOS) Switches and Routers
- The IP Address for the switch or router
- Credentials to access the privileged mode for the switch or router
- Secure Shell (SSH) access configured on the switch or router
- The IP Address for the Clone Systems Log Management device
1. Open a command prompt and SSH into the Cisco switch or router using a tool like PuTTY.
2. Get to privileged mode on the Cisco switch or router and enter the password.
3. Execute a configuration command from the terminal to get into global configuration mode.
4. To log system messages and debug output to the Clone Systems Log Management device, use the logging command in global configuration mode.
5. Enable timestamps for debugging events.
6. Enable timestamps for log events.
7. Set the appropriate logging trap level with the logging trap informational command.
8. End the global configuration mode.
9. Save the configuration changes to NVRAM.
10. Log off the Cisco switch or router.