CISCO ADAPTIVE SECURITY APPLIANCE (ASA)
Instructions for forwarding Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance logs to your Log Management device
PREREQUISITESAdaptive Security Appliance (ASA) or Next Generation Firewall (NGFW)
- The IP Address for the ASA
- Credentials to access the privileged mode for the ASA
- Secure Shell (SSH) access configured on the ASA
- The IP Address for the Clone Systems Log Management device
1.Open a command prompt and SSH into the Cisco ASA using a tool like PuTTY.
2. Get to privileged mode on the Cisco ASA and enter the password.
3. Execute a configuration command from the terminal to get into global configuration mode.
4. To log system messages and debug output to the Clone Systems Log Management device, use the logging host command in global configuration mode.
5. Exit global configuration mode.
6. Save the configuration changes to NVRAM.
7. Log off the Cisco ASA.